L+M Development Partners, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Construction Assistant Superintendent to assist in carrying out essential field duties at the jobsite within the area of responsibility.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 22,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
Areas of Responsibility
- Receives technical and operational direction from the Superintendent.
- Assist Superintendent with planning work, trade sequencing, and coordination of trades (materials takeoffs, equipment, etc.
- Review submittals and confirms job compliance with design and field conditions.
- Assists with or prepares daily construction reports and/or incident reports.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all project participants.
- Directs subcontractor activities within the area of responsibility.
- Implements and enforces procedures and related work rules as established by the Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Ensures safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to and that tools and equipment are in safe condition and operated safely.
- Strong knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts in order to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Maintain positive attitude towards field work and demonstrates sound judgment in making field decisions
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Perform additional assignments at the direction of the superintendent.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- MS Word and Excel are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended.
- Bachelor degree preferred in engineering, architecture, or construction management; or equivalent work experience with high school or vocational degree.
Years of Required Experience:
- 2-5+ years Residential and/or commercial construction experience is required.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit http://lmdevpartners.com.