L+M Development Partners, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Construction Superintendent to organize and direct construction activities within an assigned area of responsibility to ensure job site operations are in compliance with the contract documents, schedule, quality standards, safety standards, and budget.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 22,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
- Manages onsite activities and administers contractual activities of subcontractors and vendors.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, as required, and keeps supervisors informed on progress of assigned activities.
- Implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to the contract documents, schedule, quality standards, and budget.
- Prepares daily construction reports and incident reports.
- Must communicate effectively to all project participants including strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Understanding of all phases of construction operations including engineering disciplines, means and methods, and field management.
- Analyze and develop details per the contract documents and where required, produce new methods to implement the work such as work performed out of sequence and/or simultaneously.
- Verify completion of work orders in the field.
- Ensures safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to and that tools and equipment are in safe condition and operated safely.
- Strong knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts in order to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Maintain positive attitude towards field work and demonstrates sound judgment in making field decisions.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Ability to work independently.
- Develops and trains subordinates.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- Experience with existing buildings including interior work, exterior restoration, and building system upgrades is preferred.
- MS Word and Excel are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended.
- Bachelor degree preferred in engineering, architecture, or construction management; or equivalent work experience with high school or vocational degree.
Years of Required Experience:
- 5+ years Residential and/or commercial construction experience is required.