Director Portfolio Strategy and Asset Management
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and asset management. The company is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 15,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Institutional investors, private partners, government agencies and community leaders turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence and innovation in urban impact investing over its 32 year history.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its people.
L+M is seeking an asset management professional to focus on several primary areas:
- Develop and formalize asset management strategy and processes to maintain and improve assets (mixed-income/mixed-use residential developments)
- Identify and execute opportunities in the portfolio including recapitalizations, dispositions, etc.
- Provide proactive, hands-on asset management for approximately 25 assets
- Contribute to a portfolio wide strategy to maximize value and optimize resources
- Work closely with property managers and leasing team to establish business plans, budgets, and forecasts for assets in the portfolio
- Maximize cash flow and total return for each assigned property through the analysis of financial and operational reports to identify opportunities for improvements
- Develop annual asset management plans and propose long-term strategies for refinancing, buying out partners, resyndicating or disposing of existing properties. Execute those strategies
- Develop and distribute asset management reports that provide insight into the portfolio’s financial performance, leasing activity, collections, compliance with regulations, and required or recommended physical improvements
- Develop systems and platforms to effectively manage the portfolio
- Identify all reporting requirements and work with personnel responsible for report distribution to see that requirements are met
- Serve as liaison with the property management company
- Review and manage interest rate risk in the portfolio
Preferred Background and Skills:
- 7-10 years of real estate asset management experience, with a specific focus on retail and residential assets in the New York City metro area with an understanding of federal, state and city affordable housing programs
- Self motivated and proactive with an established track record of getting things done effectively and independently
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Very strong financial modeling and quantitative skills
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate financial statements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical problem solving, and time management skills combined with attention to detail
- Experience with City-sponsored housing preservation programs
- Working knowledge of real estate asset management with significant exposure to multifamily underwriting, development and property management preferred
- Comfortable navigating and analyzing transaction legal documents, financial projections and financial reports
- Masters Degree in Business, Real Estate or Urban Planning preferred