L+M Development Partners, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an In-House Expediter. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, able to work well as a member of an integrated team, but also capable of working independently with limited oversight and possess the ability to build key internal and external relationships.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 22,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Liaise with NYC agencies including Department of Transportation (DOT), Department of Building (DOB), Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), Parks Department and FDNY.
- Process and submit all required documents to various city agencies.
- Expedites to obtain various DOB and DOT permits and approvals.
- Manage third party expediting firms.
- Manage violations issued by DOB, DOT, FDNY and DEP; attends hearings when necessary to clear violations; negotiate settlement agreements with Environmental Control Board (ECB)/Department of Finance (DOF).
- Oversee NYC Building Department filings for major projects from start to finish.
- Close out open applications with DOB or city agencies and other required services in order to obtain Certificate of Occupancy.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- Registered with NYC Building Department as a Class 1 Filing Representative.
- Candidates must be familiar with the current NYC DOB and DOT procedures.
- Working knowledge of the principles and terminology in the Construction Industry.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and a courteous, professional manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and contribute productively in a team environment.
- Prioritize and multitask as required to meet accelerated schedules or changes in strategy.
- The applicant should be highly organized, patient, thorough, demonstrate a committed work ethic, and eager to work as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area is preferred.
Years of Required Experience:
- 5 years’ experience with NYC Department of Buildings and NYC Department of Transportation’s procedures & filings.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.