Payroll and Human Resources Administrator
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Payroll and Human Resources Administrator whose responsibilities include paying employees and compiling payroll information by managing payroll preparation, completing reports, maintaining records, and supervising all payroll related activity. Candidate must have the ability to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Coordinate, reconcile and process bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now for approximately 200 exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Submit electronic timesheets via ADP Time and Attendance.
- Record bi-weekly payroll in General Ledger.
- Calculate and process wage adjustments as required.
- Process employee changes (i.e. new hires, terminations, garnishments, tax levy deductions, calculations, other deductions, etc.).
- Ensure timely processing of all workers’ compensation and unemployment wage requests.
- Prepare payroll reports, including reports for workers’ compensation audits.
- Review quarterly and year end payroll reports and the distribution of W2 forms.
- Process monthly, quarterly, and annual tax deposits and filings.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Respond promptly and courteously to all payroll inquiries from management and employees.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Develop procedures/audits to ensure data integrity.
- Support job costing analysis and other labor cost analysis.
Human Resources Administration
- Interact with Human Resources team to coordinate all employee changes.
- HRIS implementation assistance, including maintaining ADP Workforce Now home page.
- Establish and maintain departmental and employee records and reports.
- Maintain human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Manage employee leaves (short and long-term disability, Paid Family Leave, FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, Parental Leave program).
- Perform data verification, reconciliation, update and maintenance of employee profiles in ADP Workforce Now HRIS system.
- Timely processing of benefit enrollments, COBRA, terminations, and disability.
- Monitor unemployment claims by reviewing claims and substantiating documentation.
- Review monthly billings and ensure payment for all group plans.
- Prepare monthly census and ensure payment for ancillary benefit plans.
- Assist with annual benefits open enrollment process.
- Extensive experience with ADP Workforce Now required.
- Benefits administration experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills along with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability meet deadlines while handling and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, specifically with Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
Years of Experience Required:
- Minimum 5-7 years related experience
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 22,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.