Project Manager, Owner’s Representative Services
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager, Owner’s Representative Services to provide overall project oversight through all phases of the project from the conceptual stages, through preconstruction, construction, and closeout. Candidate must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Responsible for managing a third party general contractor / construction manager and ensuring project completion within budget, schedule, established safety standards, and conformance with design documents.
- Liaise with internal Development, Pre-development / Preconstruction, Construction, and Property Management groups.
- Develops the bidding strategy with the third party general contractor / construction manager and oversees the scoping, leveling, negotiating, and awarding each trade as required.
- Liaise as appropriate with internal departments such as accounting, human resources, legal / risk management, insurance, and other support services as required to be performed for the project to achieve an integrated project team approach to the work.
- Initiates and directs the planning and development of the project scope, procedure, budget and overall project schedule.
- Reviews and evaluates all general contracts, purchase orders, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Oversees the development and execution of the GMP with the General Contractor / Construction Manager.
- Reviews and approves all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports and reconciles all commitments that exceed assigned budgets.
- Conducts meetings with development and pre-construction, to review development goals and requirements, project progress, proposed design and construction changes, and resolve problems of coordination, schedule, and priority.
- Support Development regarding due diligence and feasibility studies for new potential construction projects.
- Overall financial responsibility for the project construction budget.
- Understanding of scopes of work, construction, engineering, procurement, safety, risk management, industry standards and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of New York City building codes as well as ADA standards and guidelines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize by critical deadlines, take corrective action, monitor work, manage conflict, and coordinate the activities of others.
- Effective team builder and leader, fostering the development of a high performance team and understanding staff strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops and trains subordinates, working with each subordinate to identify a career path and career goals.
- Supervise project manager with respect to employee relations related to project staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills to gain a successful outcome in sometimes complex situations.
- Analytical focus employing flexibility where required.
- Well versed in contractual terms and industry trends.
- Conducts business with a high level of integrity.
- Proven leadership and accountability. Ability to manage through a “crisis”.
- Responsible for duties beyond project specific activities, including company initiatives.
- Familiarity with union and open shop subcontractors as well as design consultants in the New York City construction market.
- Familiarity with residential construction, from low to high rise construction.
- Knowledge of various contracting and delivery methods including but not limited to Cost Plus, CM-GMP, and Lump Sum General Contract.
- Bachelor degree is required. Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 10+ years broad residential experience including experience with the construction of 20+ story buildings is required.
- Experience with retail and preservation / rehab is recommended.
- Experience as an Owner’s Representative is preferred.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 22,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.