Project Manager, Preservation Construction
L+M Builders Group
L+M Builders Group, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to source, structure, and execute complex residential/mixed-use development projects amid an informal yet intense entrepreneurial environment.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 22,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people.
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Leading and providing direction to the project team and ensuring project completion within budget.
- Develop and execute the bidding strategy with the Project Executive, including development of the project scope, schedule, and leveling, negotiating, and awarding each trade.
- Develop a logistics plan with the superintendent so that the subcontractors complete their work efficiently, in a coordinated way.
- Manage the project team onsite and establish priorities.
- Review all subcontracts, purchase orders, and requisitions, and recommend for approval.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings with the development, subcontractors, and design team to review shop drawing preparation / approval, equipment / material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections and the project schedule, quality/ performance issues on and offsite.
- Monitor contractor/vendor pending costs as reported.
- Review and approve all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports. Ensure that Development is apprised of all deviations from the project budget and schedule.
- Obtain approvals for changes to the project that have been generated by the project team.
- Obtain final acceptance of the work, and signoff for the completed project.
- Prepare the monthly Project Budget report for review by the Project Executive
- Meet with bank / lending institution to review project.
- Ensure prompt closeout of the subcontracts.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Block and Plank experience desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of New York City building codes as well as ADA standards.
- Responsible for overall safety program and related execution in the field. Strong knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Elevate issues as appropriate to the Project Executive for direction and resolution.
- Train project staff as appropriate to foster effective project execution.
- Maintain positive attitude towards field work and demonstrates sound judgment in making field decisions.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- MS Word, Excel, and Project are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended.
- Bachelor degree is required. Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 8-12 Years
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.