Senior Coordinator of Design
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Coordinator of Design to join our L+M Builders Group. This role will support our Director of Design in the planning and design of multiple residential projects. Candidates must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment in both the office and the project job sites.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 22,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials, and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
Perform the following responsibilities under the direction and review of the Director of Design.
- Assist the Director with organizing and coordinating design concept presentations and design documents. Prepare material/finish boards, color renderings, imagery and concept visuals and related graphics materials.
- Assist the Director with creating interior design matrixes that coordinate with drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Review interior drawings and coordinate design comments relating to constructability of apartments layouts, kitchens, bathrooms, and finish schedules.
- Assist the Development team with documenting interior design requirements.
- Research and propose alternate design products to the Development team when the item cannot be produced within the project timeframe or exceeds approved budget.
- Perform field visits to prepare interior finish punch lists including; furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) related to interior design scope as required.
- Keep abreast of new products, trends and technology, and perform necessary research.
- Research product and material pricing for estimated budgets.
- Familiarity with unit pricing and current market conditions impacting costs is helpful.
- Assist with quantity take-offs for preliminary budgeting purposes.
- Experience with lighting design is a plus.
- Knowledge of rendering software is a plus.
- Manage design libraries of resources and maintain files and binders.
- Assist third-party design teams with expediting purchases, scheduling vendors, and processing orders.
- Manage installations, deliveries, and “follow-up” for residential amenities and models. This will include picking up items from vendors, arranging furniture and supervising moves.
- Maintain specification binders and manuals and other related records through project completion.
- Review and coordinate responses for sample submittals within required deadlines.
- Prepare meeting minutes, field visit reports and punch lists related to interior design project scope.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing schedule each week.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Minimum of three years of experience in architecture or interior design required.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency in AutoCad required.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, efficiency of workflow and overall workplace order and organization.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel within the NYC metro area on a regular basis. Access to a car is preferred.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.