L+M Builders Group, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Assistant Preconstruction Manager to assist supervisors with preconstruction activities including design review and coordination, estimating, scheduling and logistics, and purchasing early work items. May serve as the lead on a single less complex project.
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Please visit our website for more information: https://lmdevpartners.com. To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Design Review and Coordination
- Manage and coordinate design consultants (architect, engineer, etc.)
- Perform constructability reviews.
- Review specifications so that alternate systems, components, materials, and techniques are fully identified to permit proper bidder response.
- Coordinate sustainable design practices in an effort to achieve project goals and help formalize the L+M “brand”.
- Manage the review of the permit filing and design schedule prepared by the design consultant. Manage and coordinate the expediting process relating to demolition, SOE, and new building permits, to ensure project is progressing according to the project design schedule.
- Create or manage the development of CAD drawings for site logistics for submission to the DOT as part of obtaining new building permits.
- Develop and maintain library of L+M construction details and standards.
- Assist with the analysis of design details, specification of materials and equipment, and the logistics plan in order to uncover areas where more cost-efficient and/or more constructible options are available. Assess each alternate option in terms of its quality and aesthetic merit, cost savings, ease of operation, and impact on the construction schedule.
- Assist with performing site massing analysis for prospective development deals
- Perform quantity takeoffs and estimating from conceptual design to working documents, including materials and labor.
- Obtain all necessary information from the consultants to complete the budget estimate.
- Assist with the analysis of construction cost vs. the latest approved project budget and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Assist with the review and quantification of quality savings, cost savings and value engineering opportunities. Analysis may include assessing alternate systems, components, and materials.
- Scheduling and Logistics
- Assist with the development of a site logistics plan depicting coordination in the areas of staging, access to the site, fencing, crane locations and equipment to be used.
- Assist with bidding coordination including scoping and selecting subcontractors and consultants during the preconstruction phase of a project, including expeditor, surveying, and controlled inspections.
- Serve as a resource to the development staff during predevelopment and preconstruction phases as well as the construction staff with plan details and submittals during the construction phase of the project.
- Prepare other analysis and reports as directed by supervisors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff internal and external to the company.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- High comfort level with quantitative analysis but also proficient in qualitative writing skills.
- Knowledge of per unit costs (e.g. dollars per square foot of materials) and pricing trends is recommended.
- Familiarity with standard construction details and drawings.
- Able to think creatively and visualize all the related trade items.
- Continually check the work product for accuracy and completeness.
Additional Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- MS Project, MS Office 365 (specifically Excel).
- Optional: ConstructConnect or similar take off software, Procore, Bluebeam Revu, AutoCAD/Revit.
- Bachelor degree is required. Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.