L+M Development Partners (LMDP), an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an Insurance Coordinator. Overall responsibility will be to ensure that the appropriate insurance coverage is in place (general liability, excess liability, pollution liability, worker’s compensation, professional liability) for subcontractors, vendors, and subconsultants. The primary focus is the collection and review of insurance certificates, resolving issues and working with insurance brokers and insurance carriers. Responsible for the collection and review of approximately 1,500 initial and renewal certificates annually.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate internally with project staff (development, preconstruction / construction, and retail), accounting, and legal to resolve issues pertaining to reviewing and approving insurance for subcontractors, subconsultants, and vendors.
- Coordinate externally with insurance brokers, subcontractors, vendors, and subconsultants to collect policies and certificates, and work through issues until resolved.
- Review insurance certificates and contracts to confirm compliance with internal or external insurance requirements.
- Communicate with business partners within the company (construction, development, property management, accounting retail leasing, and asset management) as well as outside the company (subcontractors, development partners, vendors, various types of consultants, and insurance brokers / underwriters).
- Managing 3rd party administrators insurance compliance for LMDP, LMBG, LMXD, LMFD and C&C to confirm processes, reports and presentation lead for monthly meetings
- Review retail leases and license agreements to make sure insurance is compliant via review of certificates of insurance and manage renewals
- Review insurance policies and initial/sample for completeness and work with L+Ms broker and carrier to coordinate subcontractor insurance reviews and comply with L+M’s insurance requirements. This includes making sure coverage enhancements and no harmful exclusions are included on the insurance policies.
- Effectively communicate with business partners within the company (builders, development, and departments) as well as outside the company (subcontractors, development partners, vendors, design consultants, and insurance brokers / underwriters).
- Works under general supervision and relies on experience and judgment to perform the functions of the job. Escalation process followed where appropriate.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both in written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to follow a process, collect documents within a designated timeframe, and escalate issues to the appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Must work well on a team and independently.
- Maintain positive attitude and takes a proactive approach to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn.
- Maintain logs for tracking status of policies and certificate collection across projects and issues weekly.
- Demonstrate dedication to L+M staff and clients.
- Prior experience working for a construction company and familiarity with construction terminology is useful.
- Prior experience with underwriting and claims is useful
Additional Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- MS Word and MS Excel are required.
- Procore, DocuSign, SafetyNet (Salesforce), Timberline and Timberscan are recommended.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent work experience.
- Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) certification is recommended.
- New York State Property and Casualty Broker’s License is recommended.
- 1-3 years in the insurance industry or its educational equivalent
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Please visit our website for more information: https://lmdevpartners.com. To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.