Workforce and Contractor Diversity Manager
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Workforce and Contractor Diversity Manager. Overall responsibility will be to organize, plan, and implement strategy to facilitate opportunities for minority, women, local, and disadvantaged business enterprises during the design and construction of our projects; and for minority, women, local and disadvantaged workers to provide opportunities during the construction phase at L+M jobsites. Ensure compliance with city, state, and federal programs including program requirements, processes, and reporting. Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate with workforce partners, contractors, and builders to source and place workers. Monitor progress and submit reporting timely to relevant city, state, and federal agencies.
- Prepare workforce hiring plans and reforecast at least monthly to reflect hiring activity. Cross check against the company’s access control software.
- Confirm contractors are in compliance with wage requirements including but not limited to Davis Bacon prevailing wage. Utilize company selected software to monitor and approve payroll related reporting for contractors required by agencies.
- Prepare contracting utilization plans for each project in compliance with agency and/or company requirements, in collaboration with the WCD, construction, and development teams.
- Assist project teams with vetting new M/W/LBE and SDVOB vendors for potential contracting opportunities.
- Support M/W/LBE and SDVOB vendors to ensure they are properly supported during the scope of their contract.
- Collect documents required for reporting from contractors and prepare summarized reporting, and ensure reporting is submitted on time to the applicable agencies.
- Onboard vendors and provide training on software and an overview of compliance requirements as per the regulatory exbibit of their contract.
- Mitigate company risk by ensuring proper protocols are in place to document best efforts.
- Comply with project requirements as well as the WCD Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) including program requirements and WCD responsibilities. Update the SOP at the direction of the Director.
- Maintain organized project documentation and audit project files as requested.
- Confirm contracting and workforce strategy for each project prior to implementation, and revisit timely as goal attainment becomes problematic.
- Work with agencies and development to confirm project requirements and advocate for goals that are achievable for L+M, prior to construction.
- Develop relationships with contracting and workforce stakeholders (e.g. community boards, agencies, workforce partners, MWBE associations).
- Conduct monthly project status meetings with each project team (construction and development) to confirm contracting and workforce utilization, outreach events, training.
- Work with contractors to resolve any issues to ensure reporting is submitted timely and accurately.
- Draft project regulatory requirements and good faith effort documentation for approval by the Director.
- Draft and present information with key stakeholders such as community boards, elected and appointed officials, agencies, etc.
- Organize and host contracting and workforce outreach events and perform all related followup.
- Escalate key issues to the Director on a timely basis (e.g. goal attainment, required reporting, agency issues, etc.).
- Update Salesforce monthly to reflect project workforce and contracting utilization. Update DealPath as the start and completion of each project.
- Draft narrative for RFP responses for potential projects as requested.
- Oversee third party workforce and contracting consultants.
WCD Team Related Responsibilities + Advocacy:
- Actively listen for the needs and concerns of M/W/LBE and local workforce community and share this feedback with the WCD team to inform our company strategy re: opportunity creation.
- Stay abreast of potential M/WBE and workforce policy changes and actively participate in discussions with agencies, to inform the development of strategy for future projects.
- Utilize data in our various software platforms to customize program related narratives; identify trends and drive decision making around program initiatives.
- Assist in developing the vision and related strategies for WCD.
- Contribute towards WCD’s reputation of industry subject matter expert and influencer, to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively provide content to the Communications team for the website and intranet regarding contracting and workforce achievements around creating opportunities for individuals, families, communities, and projects.
Preferred Background & Skills:
- Thorough understanding of NYC, NYS, NJS, and HUD contracting and workforce programs (processes, goals, and protocols). Ability to learn programs in other jurisdictions as needed.
- Knowledge of the development project life cycle, from due diligence through planning, design, construction, and stabilization is preferred.
- Proven track record of implementing WCD programs.
- Ability to develop, motivate, and foster positive relationships across departments within L+M.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities, developing plans to deliver against goals. Proactively monitors progress and adjusts as necessary.
- Effective communicator with demonstrated ability to speak, write and present information in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills, driving teamwork and open collaboration towards common goals.
- Excellent listening and people skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, make decisions, and take action.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Proficiency in MS Sharepoint, Procore, Salesforce, Elation Systems, Adobe Acrobat, Simplr, Sage, Timbercan, DocuSign and DealPath is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 4+ years of managing workforce and/or M/W/LBE contracting goals and reporting.
- Experience working in a development, construction, and/or government agency is preferred.
- Must be able to travel as required.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market-rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by positive impacts. L+M takes pride in its long-standing partnership with the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, workforce development programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits. L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.