Intern – LMDP Operations
Operations Intern – Summer (Paid/In-Person)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hour per/week
Location: Larchmont, NY (with visits to 2 Park, NYC Office)
Dates: June 5th – August 11th 2023
Hourly Rate: $25/Hour
Who We Are
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Please visit our website for more information: www.lmdevpartners.com/internships. To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/.
L+M offers a comprehensive intern program. During the ten-week program, interns will gain exposure to the jobsite, means and methods of construction, tour several jobsites, attend a lunch with company leaders, and make a presentation on lessons learned to senior management. Specific duties will vary depending on the team but include tasks similar to these:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn about the many facets of a real estate businesses. Provides the ability to shadow other parts of the business (e.g. Departments and Business Lines) based on candidate’s interest.
- Assist with data cleanup and report updates in our deal management software in (DealPath) supporting the Development business line; and help learn how to better utilize this software’s functions for our Property Management business line
- Assist with data cleanup and building new reports in our Procore software for the Builders/Construction business line
- Assist with data cleanup and the posting of new content to our Cornerstone intranet
- Assist in data evaluation to measure success as far as performance evaluation, budget management, etc.
- Assist in continual efforts that build our ideal culture across various office locations, building sites and business lines
- Assist in creating Standard Operating Procedures in Word for corporate office operations and structures across business lines and departments
Who We Want
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree.
- Interest in data analysis, process improvement, and operations.
- Interest in how you utilize data to drive decision making.
- Interest in improving processes to save the team time and drive efficiency.
What We Value
We’ve identified a set of core competencies which you will cultivate to thrive within the operations team:
- Interpersonal/relationship skills– proactively communicate and connect
- Team Player– embrace collaboration, accountability, supportability, flexibility, and resourcefulness toward common goals; facilitate L+M’s culture through certain events and projects with fellow team members
- Analytical Abilities– ability to think critically, analyze data, and prioritize competing tasks
- Business acumen– manage varying business issues and operate with a cost savings mindset
- Growth mindset– failure is an opportunity to learn and embrace challenges in a purposeful and accountable way
What You’ll Learn
- Leadership and relationship building skills
- Valuable tools for working in your chosen field
- Project planning, management, and execution skills
- Relationship development skills
- You will learn how to work in a professional environment and build your network
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a compelling personal statement answering one (1) of the following questions.
- How would you create a more inclusive environment at a workplace like L+M Development Partners? Would you please describe an experience of where you led a group, organization, or yourself to be more inclusive?
- Think of a time in your life that shaped your decision to pursue this field. What inspired you to pursue a career in Real Estate Development, Construction, or Property Management?
- Why are you interested in L+M Development Partners? What about the mission statement “Working Together to Build a Stronger Community” resonates with you?
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are working together to build stronger communities.
We believe that diversity, equity, & inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. We intentionally seek team members who are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all staff and the next generation of leaders to achieve our mission.
L+M Development Partners is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.