L+M Development Partners Inc. (“L+M” or the “Company”), an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an Acquisitions Analyst to join the growing Fund Management team at L+M. This position provides support to source, evaluate, execute, and asset manage multifamily acquisitions in the New York Metro area.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after- school programs, and substantial support for local non-profits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 22,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements
- Perform financial modeling and analysis to evaluate and structure transactions for the Company’s real estate fund management business; target investment focus is on properties that provide affordable and workforce housing to low- and moderate-income families
- Prepare investment analyses/memos and recommend acquisitions; report to investors
- Responsible for market research and property-level due diligence
- Support transaction closings and ongoing asset management of portfolio investments
- Prepare investment and fund level reporting for investors
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of getting things done effectively and independently
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong financial modeling skills (Excel)
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Word skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business or urban planning preferred but not required
Years of Industry Experience Required
- 1-3 years of real estate investing experience, specifically with the underwriting and acquisition of multifamily properties in the New York metro area preferred
- Real estate private equity or fund background preferred
- Experience with affordable housing programs preferred but not required
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.