Assistant Project Manager – NJ
L+M Builders Group, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to assist the Project Manager with administering the project cost and schedule, estimate changes, supervise the control of documents and shop drawings, and ensure the efficient flow of information between the design team and subcontractors, within all areas of the project.
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Plan and coordinate the work.
- Assists Project Manager with managing engineers onsite.
- Direct engineering activities in preparation of project proposals, including estimates for engineering staffing, quantities, scope reviews, and schedules.
- Requires a broad knowledge of administrative practices and skill in negotiations.
- Direct preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment.
- Supervise preparation of construction drawings and schedules.
- Ensure preparation of “as built” drawings and other job plans.
- Prepare meeting minutes and agendas.
- Assist with interpreting design drawings and monitoring equipment installation, planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Review specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data to assist and advise onsite.
- Create scope sheets and level bids. Assist Project Manager in negotiating and awarding subcontracts.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Determine the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines.
- Resolve field initiated questions and consults with the design team, subcontractors and vendors to resolve questions.
- Assist with the financial closeout of a project.
- Assist with organizing, managing, and obtaining TCO / FCO.
- Assist with the communication of the safety standards and protocols to subcontractors.
- Broad knowledge of administrative practices and skill in negotiations.
- Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved including current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
- Knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Knowledge of New York City building codes as well as ADA standards.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Ability to follow through with tasks until they are completed.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts in order to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Maintain positive attitude towards field work and demonstrates sound judgment in making field decisions.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with good interpersonal skills.
- Develops and trains subordinates.
- Broad residential experience with knowledge of block and plank structures, concrete superstructures, and MEP systems is preferred
- MS Word, Excel, and Project are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended
- Bachelor degree is required. Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 5+ years
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
A double bottom line company, L+M measures its success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.