L+M Development Partners Inc. (“L+M” or the “Company”), an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an Analyst to join the team growing the firm’s footprint outside of NYC. This position provides support to the most entrepreneurial segment of the larger development operation, responsible for projects like the redevelopment of the Hahne & Co. Department Store and 540 Broad Street (fka NJ Bell Headquarters) in Newark. The selected Analyst would help source, evaluate and execute on multifamily developments in urban markets, including those in the Boston to Washington corridor and California.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local non-profits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform financial modeling and analysis to evaluate and structure transactions;
- Prepare investment analyses/memos and recommend acquisitions;
- Responsible for market research and property-level due diligence;
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of getting things done effectively and independently
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong financial modeling skills (Excel)
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Word skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Master’s degree in real estate, business or urban planning preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of real estate experience, specifically with the underwriting of multifamily properties
- Experience with affordable housing programs preferred but not required
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.