Intern – Development
Development Intern – Summer (Paid/In-Person)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per/week
Location: 2 Park Avenue, NYC
Dates: June 6th – August 12th, 2022
Who We Are
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality, affordable, mixed-income, and market-rate housing while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction, and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for over $9 billion in development and investment and has acquired, built, or preserved over 30,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tri-state area, the West Coast, and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials, and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our “double bottom line” philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact we make in the communities we serve, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, workforce development programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits. L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. To learn more about our mission and core values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values.
What You’ll Do
As part of the NY Affordable team, you will work on new construction LIHTC projects in the NYC area. Our summer interns are expected to work independently and collectively as part of a team. An understanding of real estate finance is required (and successful applicants may be asked to demonstrate this through a brief exercise). Specific duties will vary depending on the team but include tasks similar to these:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collecting due diligence materials
- Financial analysis of a project or property
- Coordination of meetings of project teams
- Assisting with an RFP
- Site visits and market analysis
Who We Want
- Must be 18 years of age or older college student.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pursuing graduate or undergraduate college degree.
- Real Estate Finance and Investments majors a plus.
What We Value
We’ve identified a set of core competencies which you will cultivate to thrive within the Development Team.
- INNOVATION: Creatively thinks beyond boundaries. Open-minded towards new ideas
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: The ability to take calculated risks and see all possibilities to build something great from nothing.
- BUDGET MANAGEMENT: Tracking, forecasting expenses, preparing, and managing income & expenses.
- FINANCING: Collecting, storing, and processing financial accounting information and reporting; to influence decision-making and compliance.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Build and manage interactions to provide service and to support ongoing levels of engagement with key stakeholders.
What You’ll Learn
- Leadership and relationship building skills
- Valuable tools for working in your chosen field
- Project planning, management, and execution skills
- Relationship development skills
- You will learn how to work in a professional environment and build your network
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a compelling personal statement answering one (1) of the following questions to: DevelopmentInterns@LMdevpartners.com
- How would you create a more inclusive environment at a workplace like L+M Development Partners? Would you please describe an experience of where you led a group, organization, or yourself to be more inclusive?
- Think of a time in your life that shaped your decision to pursue this field. What inspired you to pursue a career in Real Estate Development, Construction, or Property Management?
- Why are you interested in L+M Development Partners? What about the mission statement “Working Together to Build a Stronger Community” resonates with you?
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are building stronger communities together!
We intentionally seek team members who are committed to DEI and represent diverse voices and identities. We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all staff and the next generation of leaders to achieve our mission.
L+M Development Partners is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.