Senior Project Manager
LMXD (“LMXD”) is a newly created affiliate enterprise of L+M Development Partners Inc. (“L+M” or the “Company”). Building upon L+M’s successful 35-year track record of mixed-income development, LMXD’s mission is to expand that focus and to develop transformative mixed-income, mixed-use projects with a focus on culture, community, and sustainability both within the New York region and across the country. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, city-loving real estate development professional to join an entrepreneurial endeavor within an industry leading platform and to help grow a civically impactful and profitable business.
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our “double bottom line” philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Most recently ranked #17 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationwide, L+M is responsible for approximately $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built, or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions.
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Possess expertise in new construction, mixed-income residential development, with experience in development, construction, design and permitting, preferably within NYC.
- Ability to manage a real estate development project from inception through completion, with guidance (including underwriting, financing and capital raising, coordination of consultants, design, construction and marketing).
- Ability to perform financial modeling and analysis to evaluate potential investment and acquisition opportunities and structure transactions; perform market research and property-level due diligence.
- Perform project- and P&L-level financial modeling to evaluate different development scenarios, financing structures and returns for development projects, and assess project viability and risks.
- Independently negotiate bank term sheets and documents, identify and resolve deal point issues.
- Create budgets and estimate costs in cooperation with subject-matter experts; coordinate budgets and underwriting with agencies, lenders, and equity partners.
- Support design and construction decisions in close coordination with third-party consultants (i.e., architects, engineers, contractors, etc.), and participate in construction administration.
- Prepare project- and P&L-level reporting.
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of getting things done effectively and independently.
- Well established reputation for “taking care of business” and getting things done in a timely and effective manner.
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong financial modeling skills (Excel)
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Word skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in being part of a close-knit entrepreneurial group that loves helping to transform cities and neighborhoods in socially positive and impactful manner.
- Graduate degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business, Urban Planning, Engineering or other relevant field is helpful but not essential.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, including previous experience managing development projects.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are building stronger communities together!
We intentionally seek team members who are committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all staff and the next generation of leaders to achieve our mission.
L+M Development Partners is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.