Development Project Manager – Mixed-Income Group
L+M Development Partners Inc. (“L+M” or the “Company”), an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for Development Project Manager to join the mixed-income team at L+M.
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our “double bottom line” philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. L+M is responsible for approximately $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built, or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions.
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Possess expertise in new construction, mixed-income residential development, with experience in development, construction, design and permitting, preferably within NYC.
- Ability to manage a real estate development project from inception through completion, with guidance (including underwriting, financing and capital raising, coordination of consultants, design, construction and marketing).
- Ability to perform financial modeling and analysis to evaluate potential investment and acquisition opportunities and structure transactions; perform market research and property-level due diligence.
- Perform project- and P&L-level financial modeling to evaluate different development scenarios, financing structures and returns for development projects, and assess project viability and risks.
- Independently negotiate bank term sheets and documents, identify and resolve deal point issues.
- Create budgets and estimate costs in cooperation with subject-matter experts; coordinate budgets and underwriting with agencies, lenders, and equity partners.
- Support design and construction decisions in close coordination with third-party consultants (i.e., architects, engineers, contractors, etc.), and participate in construction administration.
- Prepare project- and P&L-level reporting.
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of getting things done effectively and independently.
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong financial modeling skills (Excel)
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Word skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Graduate degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business or Urban Planning or other relevant field preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.