Director of Community Investment
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Research and assess various prospective grantee partners. Solicit and review proposals for grant funding.
- Make grant recommendations. Generate grant agreements and monitor compliance with grant deliverables.
- Research, identify and work with other funding sources to leverage our donations.
- Build and establish strategic relationships with community groups.
- Work with the development and retail teams to provide creative solutions for non-profit partners and community facility users.
- Work closely with our property management team to enhance lives of the residents of the communities where we build through company investment.
- Engage and bring together all project teams to vision and implement community investment initiatives.
- Develop and manage annual community investment/philanthropy budget.
- Manage all company philanthropy.
- Develop and manage the company’s employee volunteer program.
- Work with internal communications team and PR firm around internal and external communication of our community investment and philanthropy efforts.
- Monitor and manage performance of each community investment initiative.
- Provide regular reports and presentations describing our community investment and philanthropy efforts.
- Develop and monitor analytical information to assess impact of our community investment.
- Work with accounting team to request and track payments to external partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent resourcefulness and research skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Comfort with public speaking and presentations.
- Comfortable with and skilled in building relationships with nonprofits individuals, foundations and businesses.
- Ability to establish and develop procedures and programs.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Commitment to company values.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Computer literate, to include experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience using Salesforce a plus.
- High level of professionalism.
- Experience working with data and identifying and evaluating key performance metrics a plus.
- Ability to travel to various program and residential sites throughout the greater metro area.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 5-7 years in nonprofit field, particularly in grantmaking is desirable.
- Familiarity with real estate and affordable housing a strong plus.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.