Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Candidate must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income, and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M is responsible for over $9 billion in development, construction and investment. We have acquired, built or preserved nearly 30,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials, and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
The Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will manage the leadership of our diversity and anti-racism strategy with a primary focus on our people practices including recruitment, training, talent management and development, retention and employee engagement. Duties include measuring and monitoring company diversity, developing new programs and practices that effectively increase diversity, administering training to help employees embrace and understand differing perspectives and building and managing relationships with external organizations.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develops, implements, manages, and evaluates the Company’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Strategic Plan.
- Implements the Company’s DEI standards and requirements including the development of appropriate governance documents, policies, and programs to support the DEI program and initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of changes to the legal and regulatory environment; assesses implications and revises DEI strategies accordingly. Partners with Company leadership to drive the development, interpretation and implementation of plans for compliance with regulatory obligations and identify areas for improvement.
- Builds and maintains effective internal and external relationships necessary to advance and support our DEI program and initiatives.
- Leads the Company’s Diversity and Inclusion Council advancing current strategies and initiatives and developing our go forward strategy.
- Creates and supports strategies to recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive, and talented workforce while ensuring compliance with equal employment opportunity and other requirements.
- Cultivates work and learning environments that encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion, including Human Resources programs such as new employee orientation, performance management, training and development, and succession planning.
- Supports all other D&I efforts in the Company, including W/MBE projects and initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and judgment skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Social Sciences, Humanities, or related field
- Graduate degree and/or relevant professional certifications preferred
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.