Director of Human Resources
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established affordable, mixed-income and market rate residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Director of Human Resources. This position reports to the SVP, Human Resources and is based in our Westchester County headquarters.
As Director of Human Resources, you will work on all talent acquisition and talent management needs. Additionally, this generalist function will handle employee relations issues, benefits administration, HRIS administration and other Human Resources needs within the department.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage full cycle recruitment: providing guidance on overall recruitment strategies, ensuring completion of staffing requisitions, drafting job descriptions, applicant tracking, screening candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, writing and distributing offer letters.
- Manage the Company’s internal and external diversity recruitment strategies.
- Manage the Company’s on-campus recruitment program.
- Ensure successful onboarding of new hires in collaboration with hiring managers.
- Counsel and advise management and employees on all aspects of employee relations such as: promotions, disciplinary actions, terminations, performance management and merit/market adjustments to ensure proper documentation and adherence to the process.
- Address employee concerns and/or issues in a timely manner including gathering and analyzing information and making recommendations to resolve the issues.
- Assist VP, Human Resources with conducting internal investigations as required.
- Administer employee health, welfare, and retirement plans.
- Review monthly billings and ensure payment for all benefit group plans.
- Assist in the management of the benefit plan renewal process.
- Manage leave of absence programs for client groups: Short and Long-Term Disability, Parental, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation.
Performance Management and Development
- Administer the Company’s Annual Performance Review process.
- Identify training and development needs through job analysis, performance reviews and consultation with management.
- Implementation and preparation of HRIS data: verification, reconciliation, updates and maintenance of employee profiles and HR department analytics.
Provide support on all HR matters
- Work closely with payroll department regarding new hires, terminations, salary changes and personnel changes.
- Ensure successful off boarding for terminating employees.
- Stay up-to-date on and comply with rules and regulations affecting the Human Resources function.
- 5-10 years of experience in Human Resources with a strong Talent Acquisition background.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related area preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion is a must.
- Proven experience as a consistent, fair, HR professional who thrives in a busy working environment and works well under pressure.
- Ability to partner with business leaders; proven ability to manage complex relationships and communicate effectively to all levels within the company.
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on and resourceful in gathering information, implementing data and ensuring HR administration is maintained.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor; excellent client service skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, efficiency of workflow and overall workplace order and organization.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Experience with HRIS tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with ADP WorkForceNow Payroll, ADP Time and Attendance and Request Time are pluses.
- HR experience in construction or real estate management is a plus.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local non-profits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $10 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washinton, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M Development Partners Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.