Emerging Manager Preservation Fund Analyst
L+M Fund Management
L+M Development Partners Inc. (“L+M” or the “Company”), an established full-service real estate firm that develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties, has an excellent opportunity for an Analyst to join the Company’s Emerging Manager Preservation Fund team. Since its inception in 1984, L+M has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local non-profits. L+M has acquired, built, or preserved nearly 37,000 residential units and over 1.2 million square feet of retail and community facility space, representing approximately $10 billion in development and investment.
L+M Fund Management (“LMFM”) invests in and operates workforce and affordable assets on behalf of institutional investors. LMFM’s mission is to acquire and preserve affordable and mixed-income multi-family housing in high-growth metro markets across the U.S. and provide compelling risk-adjusted returns. LMFM utilizes institutional third-party equity and to date has raised almost $1 billion of total equity across multiple investment vehicles. To date, LMFM has acquired over 18,000 units in more than $3.6 billion in transactions. L+M’s Emerging Manager Preservation Fund platform consists of joint ventures with Black-led investment managers focused on preserving workforce and affordable housing across the county.
For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Work with Fund Director and joint venture fund partners to analyze acquisition opportunities and portfolio asset performance. Prepare analysis on asset and portfolio level performance, with comparative analyses to annual budget, pro forma, previous operating history, and any other metrics as requested by management
- Create, update, and/or review financial underwriting models to support execution of asset acquisitions, financings, and dispositions
- Abstract and compile information from transaction, property management and asset management documentation to prepare informative memos and presentations
- Create, update, and/or review asset fair market valuations and fund level performance models
- Prepare asset, portfolio and fund level reports for senior management and investors
- Coordinate with accounting/finance team on financial reporting and management including capital call management
- Assist with investor and compliance requests and fundraising efforts
- Assist with preparation and coordination of fund partner and investor meetings
Experience, Education & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor degree required, real estate, business or urban planning preferred
- 2-3 years of real estate investing experience, specifically with the underwriting and acquisition of multifamily properties
- Real estate private equity or fund background preferred
- Experience with affordable housing programs preferred but not required
- Strong financial modeling skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of working effectively and independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.