Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
L+M Development Partners Inc., has an excellent opportunity for a Financial Planning & Analysis Associate with strong commercial experience. This individual will support the commercial asset management team and work closely with the commercial property management and accounting team. They will be responsible for all financial reporting and analysis in connection with a portfolio containing 80+ retail properties.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income, and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction, and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction, and investment, and has created or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast, and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials, and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Analyze property operations and financial performance of the commercial portfolio and resulting impact on L+M’s business objectives.
- Prepare financial sensitivities to analyze leasing and other variables in order to maximize performance and make informed decisions.
- Creation of financial reports for presentation to investors, partners, lenders and senior management;
- Participate in the preparation, review and management of detailed annual property budgets and business plans.
- Work in conjunction with Accounting, Property Management and Asset Management to understand/document/track performance versus plans
- Identify areas of opportunities supported by analyses.
- Ad-hoc requests as needed.
- A strong understanding of Yardi and the ability to access, manipulate and interpret financial data;
- Strong financial management skills inclusive of the ability to read and analyze profit and loss statements, balance sheets and tenant ledgers;
- The ability to read, understand and model transaction documents;
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills to be able to “see the bigger picture”.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and balance priorities to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Real estate
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years of real estate accounting experience (commercial preferred);
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.