Human Resources Generalist
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to provide human resources support at a professional level to one or more functional areas of L+M Development Partners, Inc.. Candidate must posses the ability to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 22,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Areas of Responsibility:
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level for one or more functional area of the company and works closely with senior HR management in supporting overall HR initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment and onboarding, employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing various human resources programs, plans, procedures and compliance
- Analyzing data and making recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Sourcing, screening and recruiting exempt and nonexempt candidates, interns and temporary employees to fill open needs
- Conducting interviews, new-employee orientation and various HR related training programs
- Responding to employee relations issues such as employee complaints and allegations
- Coordinating performance management efforts such as the disciplinary action process, investigations, annual performance review process
- Coordinating and participates in talent management programs such as annual talent reviews and succession planning
- Assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Assisting with maintenance of the employee handbook and HR related communications
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Professional in Human Resources, Senior Professional in Human Resources, SHRM–Certified Professional or SHRM-Senior Certified Professional certification desired
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive HR experience with a concentration in recruitment, talent management and employee relations
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Proficiency using HRIS systems required; ADP Workforce Now desired
- Experience using MS Access desired
Competencies / Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) on a professional level
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and make sensible and ethical decisions
- Must be able to interpret, organize and evaluate various sources of information and data
- Must be able to problem solve, make and effectively communicate decisions
- Must be able to manage time effectively, prioritize work and multi-task
- Must be able to use basic office equipment (computer, telephone, copier)
- The incumbent in this position is required to have frequent in-person interaction with L+M office employees and at offsite locations, some travel is required
- This position may require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and to bend, stand or sit as necessary.
- May infrequently exert up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this position at any time with or without notice.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.