L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an Insurance Analyst. Overall responsibility will be to ensure that the appropriate insurance coverage is in place (general liability, excess liability, pollution liability, worker’s compensation, professional liability) for subcontractors, vendors, and subconsultants. The primary focus is the collection and review of insurance certificates, resolving issues and working with insurance brokers and insurance carriers. Responsible for the collection and review of approximately 1,500 initial and renewal certificates annually.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate internally with project staff (development, preconstruction / construction, and retail), accounting, and legal to resolve issues pertaining to reviewing and approving insurance for subcontractors, subconsultants, and vendors.
- Coordinate externally with insurance brokers, subcontractors, vendors, and subconsultants to collect policies and certificates, and work through issues until resolved.
- Review insurance certificates and contracts to confirm compliance with internal or external insurance requirements.
- Communicate with business partners within the company (construction, development, property management, accounting retail leasing, and asset management) as well as outside the company (subcontractors, development partners, vendors, various types of consultants, and insurance brokers / underwriters).
- Must be able to communicate effectively both in written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to follow a process, collect documents within a designated timeframe, and escalate issues to the appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Must work well on a team and independently.
- Maintain positive attitude and takes a proactive approach to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn.
- Maintain logs for tracking status of policies and certificate collection across projects and issues weekly.
- Demonstrate dedication to L+M staff and clients.
- Prior experience working for a construction company and familiarity with construction terminology is useful.
- Prior experience with underwriting and claims is useful.
Preferred Background & Skills:
- MS Word and MS Excel are required.
- Procore, DocuSign, SafetyNet (Salesforce), Timberline and Timberscan are recommended.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent work experience.
- Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) certification is recommended.
- 1+ years in the insurance industry or its educational equivalent
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market-rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by positive impacts. L+M takes pride in its long-standing partnership with the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, workforce development programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits. L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.