Intern – LMBG Construction
Construction Intern – Summer (Paid/In-Person)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hour per/week
Location: Job Sites
Dates: June 5th – August 11th 2023
Hourly Rate: $25/Hour (Undergraduate Students)
Who We Are
L+M Builders Group (LMBG), an established residential developer/builder, has an exciting paid internship opportunity for a Construction Intern.
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
What You’ll Do
New York City Metro Area established residential builder/developer has an exciting paid internship opportunity for a Construction Intern. Candidate will assist in carrying out essential field duties pertaining to the construction or rehab of residential buildings. The position is located at jobsites in Manhattan, Brooklyn, New Rochelle and Larchmont in New York.
L+M offers a comprehensive intern program. During the ten-week program, interns will gain exposure to the jobsite, means and methods of construction, tour several jobsites, attend a lunch with company leaders, and make a presentation on lessons learned to senior management. Specific duties will vary depending on the team but include tasks similar to these:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist project team onsite as directed.
- Assist with verifying and tracking field work and preparing material take-offs for project purchasing purposes.
- Assist with logging contract documents (e.g., RFIs, submittals, as-built documents or current drawings, change orders, warrantees, etc.).
- Assist in preparing bid packages, work scopes and bid lists.
- Assist with tacking punchlist items and performing closeout activities.
- Task oriented position, requiring ability to meet deadlines and multi-task while being detail oriented and organized.
- Willingness to utilize software such as Procore, Bluebeam, and MS Office.
Who We Want
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Pursuing undergraduate college degree.
- Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture major required.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with construction terminology is useful
- Ability to read drawing and specifications is helpful.
What We Value
We’ve identified a set of core competencies which you will cultivate to thrive within the Builders Group.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Building and valuing trusted relationships.
- DEDICATION: Demonstrating commitment to one another, our work, and our communities.
- INNOVATION: Creatively thinking beyond boundaries.
- INTEGRITY: Doing the right thing to earn trust in all we do.
- RESPECT: Listening, learning, and living inclusively.
- QUALITY: Raising the bar to deliver sustainable homes and strengthening communities.
What You’ll Learn
- Leadership and relationship building skills
- Valuable tools for working in your chosen field
- Project planning, management, and execution skills
- Relationship development skills
- You will learn how to work in a professional environment and build your network
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a compelling personal statement answering one (1) of the following questions.
- How would you create a more inclusive environment at a workplace like L+M Development Partners? Would you please describe an experience of where you led a group, organization, or yourself to be more inclusive?
- Think of a time in your life that shaped your decision to pursue this field. What inspired you to pursue a career in Real Estate Development, Construction, or Property Management?
- Why are you interested in L+M Development Partners? What about the mission statement “Working Together to Build a Stronger Community” resonates with you?
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are working together to build stronger communities.
We believe that diversity, equity, & inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. We intentionally seek team members who are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all staff and the next generation of leaders to achieve our mission.
L+M Development Partners is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.