Intern – Legal Department
New York City Metro Area established residential builder/developer has an exciting opportunity for a paid summer internship in our fast paced legal department. The position is based in Larchmont with the opportunity from time to time to work from our Manhattan office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be responsible for preparing for and attending closings;
- Review of documents, database maintenance and general administrative functions such as document execution and distribution;
- Conducting research, and special projects which include (i) reviewing agreements such as a brokerage agreement and creating a checklist of required information to complete such agreement and (ii) abstracting leases, loan agreements and other documents for the key business and legal provisions thereof.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Pursuing graduate or undergraduate college degree.
- Interest in Real Estate Law a plus.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.