Intern – LMDP Asset Management
Asset Management and Fund Management Intern
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hour per/week
Location: 2 Park, NYC
Dates: June 5th – August 11th 2023
Hourly Rate: $25/hour (Undergraduate), $30/hour (Graduate)
Who We Are
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
L+M Fund Management (“LMFM”) mission is to acquire and preserve affordable and mixed-income multifamily housing in high-growth metro markets across the U.S. and provide compelling risk-adjusted returns. LMFM invests in and operates workforce and affordable assets on behalf of institutional investors. To date, LMFM has acquired over 18,000 units in more than $3.6 billion in transactions. LMFM is led by a senior management team with unparalleled expertise and supported by L+M’s broader and vertically integrated organization. LMFM utilizes institutional third-party equity and, to date, has raised almost $1 billion of total equity across multiple investment vehicles.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. Please visit our website for more information: www.lmdevpartners.com/internships. To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/.
What You’ll Do
L+M offers a comprehensive summer internship program. As part of our Fund and Asset Management team, you will be aiding in the oversight of existing and newly acquired properties, providing internal and external reporting on performance and business plan execution, and reporting to senior staff to join the team at L+M.
During the ten-week program, interns will be expected to work independently and collectively as part of a team. An understanding of real estate finance is required (and successful applicants may be asked to demonstrate this through a brief exercise.). Specific duties will vary depending on the team but include tasks similar to these:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Fund Management and/or Asset Management team to analyze asset performance, prepare asset level business plans/budgets and maximize property level performance
- Create and/or update financial underwriting model to support execution of asset dispositions, refinancing’s, and other transactions in the portfolio
- Review and analyze financial statements
- Abstract information from transaction documentation and compile into a meaningful presentation
- Prepare portfolio level reports for senior management
- Create asset level and fund level reporting for investors
- Assist with the implementation and management of investment management software systems
Who We Want
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Rising college senior or graduate student.
- Real Estate, Real Estate Finance, Investment, Urban Planning, Business majors preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
What We Value
We’ve identified a set of core competencies that you will cultivate to thrive within the Asset Management and Fund Management Team.
- TEAM PLAYER: Able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- FINANCING: Strong financial modeling skills (Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Word skills.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of getting things done effectively and independently.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Highly organized and strong organizational skills.
What You’ll Learn
- Leadership and relationship building skills
- Valuable tools for working in your chosen field
- Project planning, management, and execution skills
- Relationship development skills
- You will learn how to work in a professional environment and build your network
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a compelling personal statement answering one (1) of the following questions.
- How would you create a more inclusive environment at a workplace like L+M Development Partners? Would you please describe an experience of where you led a group, organization, or yourself to be more inclusive?
- Think of a time in your life that shaped your decision to pursue this field. What inspired you to pursue a career in Real Estate Development, Construction, or Property Management?
- Why are you interested in L+M Development Partners? What about the mission statement “Working Together to Build a Stronger Community” resonates with you?
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are working together to build stronger communities.
We believe that diversity, equity, & inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. We intentionally seek team members who are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all staff and the next generation of leaders to achieve our mission.
L+M Development Partners is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.