Intern – LMDP Technology + Business Operations Intern
Business Operations, Information Technology
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hour per/week
Location: Larchmont and 2 Park Ave NYC Offices
Dates: June 5th – August 11th
Hourly Rate: $25/hour
Who We Are
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Please visit our website for more information: www.lmdevpartners.com/internships. To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/.
What You’ll Do
As the Technology and Business Operations intern, you will help with L+M’s hardware and software roll out. You will work with the Yardi team on various implementations, as well as work with various data, people, and processes.
L+M offers a comprehensive intern program. During the ten-week program, interns will gain exposure to the jobsite, means and methods of construction, tour several jobsites, attend a lunch with company leaders, and make a presentation on lessons learned to senior management. Specific duties will vary depending on the team but include tasks similar to these:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing software and testing applications.
- Assisting with cleaning up data in our deal management software (Dealpath) – working with Development, Asset Management, and Communications Teams.
- Creating report templates and training guides. Utilize LinkedIn learning to host training and provided with the opportunity to lead training.
- Assisting with data cleanup and implementation of Yardi Investment Manager module.
- Assisting with data cleanup and evaluating how to better utilize Procore.
- Assisting with data visualization including Power BI.
- Assisting with test piloting and troubleshooting Pype integration with Procore.
- Supporting the re-roll out of HappyCo software.
- Learning about the many facets of the real estate business. Provides the ability to shadow other parts of the business (e.g. Departments and Business Lines) based on candidate’s interest.
- Explore all software being used to ensure it effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pursuing graduate or undergraduate college degree.
- Open-minded towards new ideas
- Ability to build and manage interactions to provide service and to support ongoing level of engagement with key stakeholders.
We’ve identified a set of core competencies which you will cultivate to thrive within the Technology and Business Applications teams.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Building and valuing trusted relationships.
- DEDICATION: Demonstrating commitment to one another, our work, and our communities.
- INNOVATION: Creatively thinking beyond boundaries.
- INTEGRITY: Doing the right thing to earn trust in all we do.
- RESPECT: Listening, learning, and living inclusively.
- QUALITY: Raising the bar to deliver sustainable homes and strengthening communities.
What You’ll Learn
- Relationship building skills
- Valuable tools for working in your chosen field
- Project planning, management, and execution skills
- Relationship development skills
- You will learn how to work in a professional environment and build your network
We are working together to build stronger communities.
We believe that diversity, equity, & inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. We intentionally seek team members who are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all staff and the next generation of leaders to achieve our mission.
L+M Development Partners is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.