Intern – LMDP Property Management Accounting
Accounting Intern (Undergraduate) – Spring 2023 (Paid/In-Person)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hour per/week. Part-time optional
Location: 2 Park Avenue, 23rd Floor
Dates: Spring Internship
Who We Are
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. (LMDP) has been an innovator. At LMDP, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our “double bottom line” philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
LMDP is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
What You’ll Do
C+C Apartment Management, LLC provides property management services. We offer a full range of services to ensure that resident needs are met, that the property meets the financial goals of the owners and that the buildings are in compliance with all government regulations. The intern will be working in the office located at 2 Park Avenue, 23rd Floor, New York, NY 10016, and reporting to the Controller and Assistant Controllers in the Accounting Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Get familiar with workpapers by tying out financials to supporting documents. This will include
- Collecting insurance policies and invoices
- Collecting and doing bank reconciliations
- Creating amortization schedules for prepaids, insurance policies, deferred mortgage costs
- Creating depreciation schedules for fixed assets
- Reviewing commercial leases, rent rolls, tying out subledgers to financials
- Finding, correcting, or inquiring about any variances, errors, outstanding items, or amounts deviating substantially from the budgeted amounts
- Handle 1 or 2 small assets on their day-to-day tasks, reporting requirements, and monthly financials
- Work through a department project list intended to increase efficiency and timeliness
- Requires paying attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Assist with any project in the Accountant Department that the supervisor may assign
Who We Want
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate college degree in either accounting, finance, or economics. Interest in getting an MBA or CPA a plus
- Detail oriented
- Excellent in data entry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and general computer skills
- Work on a project independently with minor supervision
What We Value
We’ve identified a set of core competencies which you will cultivate to thrive within the Accounting Department.
• RELATIONSHIPS: Building and valuing trusted relationships.
• DEDICATION: Demonstrating commitment to one another, our work, and our communities.
• INNOVATION: Creatively thinking beyond boundaries.
• INTEGRITY: Doing the right thing to earn trust in all we do.
• RESPECT: Listening, learning, and living inclusively.
• QUALITY: Raising the bar to deliver sustainable homes and strengthening communities.
What You’ll Learn
- Leadership and relationship building skills
- Valuable tools for working in your chosen field
- Project planning, management, and execution skills
- Relationship development skills
- You will learn how to work in a professional environment and build your network
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a compelling personal statement answering one (1) of the following questions.
- How would you create a more inclusive environment at a workplace like L+M Development Partners? Would you please describe an experience of where you led a group, organization, or yourself to be more inclusive?
- Think of a time in your life that shaped your decision to pursue this field. What inspired you to pursue a career in Real Estate Development, Construction, or Property Management?
- Why are you interested in L+M Development Partners? What about the mission statement “Working Together to Build a Stronger Community” resonates with you?
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are working together to build stronger communities.
We believe that diversity, equity, & inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. We intentionally seek team members who are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all staff and the next generation of leaders to achieve our mission.