Intern – Real Estate Development
New York City Metro Area established residential builder/developer/investment manager has exciting opportunities for paid summer interns to serve on the following teams:
- NY Affordable team: works on new construction LIHTC projects in NYC area (graduate student preferred)
- Mixed/Market rate team: works on rental and sale projects in NYC area (graduate student preferred)
- Preservation team: works on in place rehab/refinancing on larger affordable portfolios (graduate student preferred)
- National team: works on a variety of asset types in markets beyond NYC (graduate student preferred, interest in/ experience in Washington DC or NJ preferred)
- Asset Management team: stewards of the L+M portfolio, optimizing performance (undergrad student preferred)
- Fund Team: manages institutional investor and private label funds (undergrad preferred)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our interns are expected to work independently and as part of a team. An understanding of real estate finance is required (and successful applicants may be asked to demonstrate this through a brief exercise). Specific duties will vary depending on the team, but include tasks similar to these:
- Collecting due diligence materials
- Financial analysis of a project or property
- Coordination of meetings of project teams
- Assisting with an RFP
- Site visits and market analysis
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pursuing graduate or undergraduate college degree.
- Real Estate Finance and Investments majors a plus.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.