L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Laborer to perform physical labor on the jobsite including general cleaning, movement of materials and equipment, and other general tasks as directed..
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Areas of Responsibility:
Works under direct supervision and relies on limited experience and judgment to perform the functions of the job. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Moving, loading and unloading, storing and/or organizing materials and/or equipment
- General cleaning of site and surrounding areas.
- Following general procedures and making basic decisions relating to work on the jobsite
- May transport materials or equipment from one location to another
- May drill, chop, lift, dig, etc. as directed
- May perform duty as a flagman
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent is preferred
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
- No minimum years of experience required
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with residential construction is desired
- Familiarity with fire stopping, taping and painting is desired
Competencies / Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds and/or exert up to 50 pounds of force to move objects
- Must be able to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Must be able to continuously stand or walk
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively (both verbal and written)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- May occasionally work in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces
- Will climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis during each shift
- Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this position at any time with or without notice.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.