LMBG – Project Engineer
Salary Range: $96,000.00 to $115,000.00 Annually
L+M Builders Group (LMBG), an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer to assist the Project Manager with administering the project cost and schedule, estimate changes, supervise the control of documents and shop drawings, and ensure the efficient flow of information between the design team and subcontractors
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Plan and coordinate the work.
- Direct engineering activities in preparation of project proposals, including estimates for engineering staffing, quantities, scope reviews, and schedules.
- Direct preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment.
- Supervise preparation of construction drawings and schedules.
- Ensure preparation of “as built” drawings and other job plans.
- Prepare meeting minutes and agendas.
- Assist with interpreting design drawings and monitoring equipment installation, planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Review specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data to assist and advise onsite.
- Create scope sheets and level bids. Assist Project Manager in negotiating and awarding subcontracts.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Determine the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines.
- Resolve field initiated questions and consults with the design team, subcontractors and vendors to resolve questions.
- Assist with the financial closeout of a project.
- Assist with organizing, managing, and obtaining TCO / FCO.
- Assist with the communication of the safety standards and protocols to subcontractors.
- Broad knowledge of administrative practices and skill in negotiations.
- Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved including current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
- Knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Familiarity with New York City building codes as well as ADA standards.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Ability to follow through with tasks until they are completed.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts in order to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Maintain positive attitude towards field work and demonstrates sound judgment in making field decisions.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with good interpersonal skills.
- Develops and trains subordinates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MS Word, Excel, and Project are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended.
- Bachelor degree is required. Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 3+ years
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Please visit our website for more information: https://lmdevpartners.com. To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.