LMDP – Workforce Contractor Diversity Assistant Manager
Workforce Contractor Diversity
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our “double bottom line” philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Most recently ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationwide, L+M is responsible for approximately $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built, or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions.
L+M is seeking a Workforce Contractor Diversity Assistant Manager to join the workforce and contractor diversity team.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the Director with organizing, planning, and implementing strategy to facilitate opportunities for minority, women, local, and disadvantaged business enterprises during the design and construction of our projects; and for minority, women, local and disadvantaged workers to provide opportunities during the construction phase at L+M jobsites. Ensure compliance with city, state, and federal programs including program requirements, processes
- Coordinate with workforce partners, contractors, and builders to source and place workers. Monitor progress and submit reporting timely to relevant city, state, and federal agencies.
- Prepare workforce hiring plans and reforecast at least monthly to reflect hiring activity. Cross check against the company’s access control software.
- Confirm contractors are in compliance with wage requirements including but not limited to Davis Bacon Wage determinations. Utilize company selected software to monitor and approve payroll related reporting for contractors required by agencies.
- Prepare contracting utilization plans for each project in compliance with agency and/or company requirements, in collaboration with the WCD, construction, and development teams.
- Assist project teams with vetting new M/W/LBE and SDVOB vendors for potential contracting opportunities.
- Support M/W/LBE and SDVOB vendors to ensure they are properly supported during the scope of their contract.
- Collect documents required for reporting from contractors and prepare summarized reporting, and ensure reporting is submitted on time to the applicable agencies.
- Onboard vendors and provide training on software and an overview of compliance requirements as per the regulatory exbibit of their contract.
- Mitigate company risk by ensuring proper protocols are in place to document best efforts.
- Comply with project requirements as well as the WCD Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) including program requirements and WCD responsibilities. Update the SOP at the direction of the Director.
- Maintain organized project documentation and audit project files as requested.
- Confirm contracting and workforce strategy for each project prior to implementation and revisit during the project as utilization plans are reforecasted.
- Work with agencies and development to confirm project requirements and with the assistance of the Director, advocate for goals that are achievable for L+M, prior to construction.
- See guidance from the Director re: contracting and workforce stakeholders (e.g. community boards, agencies, workforce partners, MWBE associations).
- Conduct monthly project status meetings with each project team (construction and development) to confirm contracting and workforce utilization, outreach events, training.
- Work with contractors to resolve any issues to ensure reporting is submitted timely and accurately.
- Draft project regulatory requirements and good faith effort documentation for approval by the Director.
- Draft and present information with key stakeholders such as community boards, elected and appointed officials, agencies, etc.
- Organize and host contracting and workforce outreach events and perform all related followup.
- Escalate key issues to the Director on a timely basis (e.g. goal attainment, required reporting, agency issues, etc.).
- Update Salesforce monthly to reflect project workforce and contracting utilization. Update DealPath as the start and completion of each project.
- Assist Director in drafting narrative for RFP responses for potential projects.
- Assist Director in overseeing third party workforce and contracting consultants.
WCD Team Related Responsibilities + Advocacy
- Actively listen for the needs and concerns of M/W/LBE and local workforce community and share this feedback with the WCD team to inform our company strategy re: opportunity creation.
- Stay abreast of potential M/WBE and workforce policy changes and actively participate with Director’s guidance, in discussions with agencies, to inform the development of strategy for future projects.
- Utilize data in our various software platforms to customize program related narratives; identify trends and drive decision making around program initiatives.
- Assist in developing the vision and related strategies for WCD.
- Assist in contributing towards WCD’s reputation of industry subject matter expert and influencer, to internal and external stakeholders.
- Following review by the Director, provide content to the Communications team for the website and intranet regarding contracting and workforce achievements around creating opportunities for individuals, families, communities, and projects.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 2+ years of comparable work experience.
- Experience working in a development, construction, and/or government agency is preferred.
- Ability to travel as required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Cursory understanding of NYC, NYS, NJS, and HUD contracting and workforce programs (processes, goals, and protocols). Ability to learn programs in other jurisdictions as needed.
- Knowledge of the development project life cycle, from due diligence through planning, design, construction, and stabilization is preferred.
- Ability to develop, motivate, and foster positive relationships across departments within L+M.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities, developing plans to deliver against goals. Proactively monitors progress and adjusts as necessary.
- Effective communicator with demonstrated ability to speak, write and present information in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills, driving teamwork and open collaboration towards common goals.
- Excellent listening and people skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, make decisions, and take action.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.