LMDP – Associate Project Manager-National Preservation
At L+M Development Partners (LMDP), working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
L+M is seeking an Associate Project Manager to join the National Preservation team. L+M’s National Preservation Team, which includes development, construction, community affairs and property management responsibilities, has successfully preserved over 10,000 units. It is responsible for the acquisition, investment, ownership, rehabilitation, and management of existing affordable housing properties that are typically financed via tax exempt bonds, low-income housing tax credits, and public subsidies including HUD Section 8 contracts. The team has a focus in New York City and New Jersey with ongoing efforts to expand nationally. Recent projects are in DC, Chicago, and Michigan.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Self-starter with proven ability to prioritize/execute in a fast-paced environment, solve problems, and manage multiple active projects and workstreams with simultaneous deadlines.
- A team player, able to work well in an entrepreneurial environment across multiple L+M teams and departments as well as with development partners. Balance changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to operate respectfully yet command respect of members in the neighborhoods within which we work, peers, and others in the field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong quantitative, analytic, and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Assist with managing the day-to-day execution of preservation projects. Able to grow into being the primary contact on certain project matters.
- Perform financial modeling and analysis to evaluate and structure transactions.
- Assist with acquisition and financing closings including processing due diligence requests from financial partners.
- Support acquisitions efforts including evaluating offering memorandums, responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs), preparing investment analyses/memos, and providing investment recommendations.
- Responsible for market research and property-level due diligence.
- Support design and construction decisions in close coordination with third-party consultants (i.e., Architects, Engineers, etc.) and participate in meetings and construction administration.
- Prepare consultant agreements in consultation with legal team.
- Travel to property sites for inspections, due diligence, and meetings with residents, officials, and community stakeholders.
- Work with property management to monitor lease-up and process tenant communications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of affordable housing financing
- Background in Community Development and/or Construction a plus
- Preference for Graduate Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business or Urban Planning.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, specifically with managing and underwriting preservation or new construction projects, with preference given to tenant-in-place rehabilitation experience.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.