LMDP – Director – Project Accounting
Salary Range: $165,000.00 to $186,000.00 Annually
L+M Development Partners (LMDP), an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Director of Project Accounting. The successful candidate will be expected to be both a supervisor as well as be hands-on in accounting. The Director will have excellent analytical and supervisory skills and will have an in-depth knowledge of the Project Accounting role as well as have strong general accounting skills. Additionally, the Director will provide support and insight to the Development and Construction teams. This position will be a direct report to the Vice President of Accounting.
Areas of Responsibilities of management and general accounting:
- Period end and interim reporting
- General ledger review and reconciliation
- Various special reporting and ad hoc projects
- Supervise and provide guidance and support to the Project Accounting team
- Suggest improvements to and provide support for accounting procedures
- Add value to Development and Construction teams
Areas of Responsibilities and expected in-depth and general knowledge related to Project Accounting role:
- General understanding of:
- Commitments; contracts both with sub-contractors and other vendors.
- AIA billings
- Bank loan and equity draws
- Ability to interact with construction and development Project Managers, in-house insurance group, and vendors to answer questions and resolve any discrepancies and / or issues.
- Sage Intacct, Timberscan, and Sage 300/Timberline experience preferred.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving / judgment skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs including Excel
- Construction experience preferred.
- Familiarity with LIHTC, HUD, and NMTC
Education and Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Accounting.
- CPA preferred
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- Minimum 10 years related experience.
- Public Accounting experience desirable
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve. Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Please visit our website for more information: https://lmdevpartners.com
To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this position at any time with or without notice.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.