LMDP – Project Manager (National Preservation)
Salary Range: $115,000.00 to $138,000.00 Annually
L+M is seeking a Project Manager to join the National Acquisition and Rehabilitation team, which is responsible for the acquisition, investment, ownership, rehabilitation, preservation, and management of existing affordable housing properties. Our projects are typically financed using tax exempt bonds, low-income housing tax credits, and public subsidies including HUD Section 8 contracts. The team has a focus to expand L+M’s work nationally with recent projects in southern NJ, DC, Chicago, and metro Detroit.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Perform financial modeling and analysis to evaluate and structure potential transactions.
- Assist with acquisition closings including processing due diligence requests from and financing applications for lenders and investors.
- Support acquisitions efforts including evaluating offering memorandums, responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs), preparing investment analyses/memos, and providing investment recommendations.
- Travel to property sites for inspections, due diligence, and meetings with residents, officials, and community stakeholders.
- Prepare consultant agreements in consultation with legal team.
- Support design and construction decisions in close coordination with third-party consultants (i.e., Architects, Engineers, etc.) and participate in meetings and construction administration.
- Work with property management to monitor on-going operations of properties in the portfolio.
- Self-starter with proven ability to prioritize/execute in a fast-paced environment, solve problems, and manage multiple active projects with simultaneous deadlines.
- A team player, able to work well in an entrepreneurial environment across multiple L+M teams and development partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong quantitative, analytic, and organizational skills with an attention to detail. Assist with managing the day-to-day execution of acquisitions and rehabilitation projects. Able to grow into being the primary contact on certain project matters.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of affordable housing financing
- Background in Community Development and/or Construction a plus
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business or Urban Planning preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
3+ years of relevant work experience, specifically with managing and underwriting multi-family assets, with preference given to affordable housing properties.
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Please visit our website for more information: https://lmdevpartners.com. To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.