LMBG – Project Manager-Preservation
L+M Builders Group (LMBG), an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an excellent opportunity for a Preservation/Rehab Project Manager to manage multiple projects from beginning to end including preconstruction (budget, schedule, and constructability review), procurement of contractors, and construction as well as the financial and safety aspects on the projects. The Project Manager will work closely with internal Departments including Builders, Investment, Asset Management, Retail, Development and Property Management.
The projects will involve existing multi-family affordable and market rate residential buildings as well as commercial spaces in New York and New Jersey.
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Broad residential and commercial experience with knowledge of interior renovations, exterior work (e.g. roofing, facades, windows), and upgrades to building systems (e.g. boiler rooms, switch gear, and plumbing).
- Provide leadership to the project team and ensuring project completion within budget, schedule and conformance with design documents.
- Develop and execute the bidding strategy with the Senior Project Manager and the Project Executive, including development of the project scope, schedule, and leveling, negotiating, and awarding general contractor and/or trade contractors.
- Develop a logistics plan so that the contractors complete their work efficiently, in a well-planned and coordinated way.
- Mange the project team onsite and establish priorities along with partners when applicable.
- Review and approve contracts, purchase orders, and requisitions for contractors and designers.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings with the development, subcontractors, and design team to review shop drawing preparation / approval, equipment / material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections and the project schedule, quality / performance issues on and offsite.
- Monitor contractor/vendor pending costs as reported.
- Reviews and approves all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports. Ensure that Development is appraised of all deviations from the project deliverables, schedule, and budget, if applicable.
- Obtain approvals for changes to the project that have been generated by the project team.
- Manage the DOB TCO / FCO process. Obtain final acceptance of the work, and signoff for the completed project by governing authorities (DOB, DEP, etc.).
- Prepare the quarterly budget report, staffing charts, and projections for each project.
- Meet with the architect and bank / lending institution to review overall project and ensure timely payment of monthly requisition.
- Ensure timely closeout of contracts.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of local, city, and state building codes in New York State, New York City and New Jersey as well as ADA standards.
- Responsible for overall safety program and related execution in the field. Strong knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes as related to tenant occupied buildings.
- Displays strong fact-finding abilities and follows through to resolve issues.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Ability and willingness to make sound decisions and overcome obstacles as well as to escalate to supervisor when applicable.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Displays leadership abilities and maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to delegate work with proper instruction and authority to complete tasks.
- Candidate must be able to work well on a team and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Develops and trains subordinates.
- MS Word, Excel, and Project are required.
- Procore required
- Bachelor degree is required
- Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 5-7 years’ experience with concentration in Preservation/Rehab construction
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.