LMDP – Sustainability Associate
Salary Range: $80,000.00 to 96,000.00 annually
L+M Development Partners (LMDP), an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Sustainability Associate to support our growing Energy and Sustainability Team. Candidate must possess the ability to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
The Sustainability Associate will work closely with the Director of Energy and Sustainability to establish and expand sustainability initiatives and energy management best practices throughout the company. This role includes a strong emphasis on ensuring our energy and carbon data systems support reporting, compliance, and investor requirements. Growth areas include, but are not limited to, expanding distributed energy resources on building sites, leadership of internal sustainability initiatives, and energy procurement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Energy data workflows and reporting
- Support management of energy and carbon tracking software, including annual updates and integration across other data systems
- Manage ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager accounts
- Support ESG reporting
- Support investor required reporting on energy, carbon, and other sustainability metrics
- Incentive and subsidy capture
- Maintain central repository for incentive and subsidy programs
- Support incentive application process for select projects
- Inform Inflation Reduction Act strategy and roll out support
- Initiative support and operationalization
- Support standardization of sustainability initiatives within applicable business lines (ex. demand response, community solar, materials selection)
- Quantify impact for annual reporting
- Compliance with energy and carbon ordinances
- Oversee processes and compliance with energy and sustainability related local laws – e.g. LL84, LL87, LL97
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelors degree or additional years of data management experience required. Academic focus on real estate, building science, energy management, and/or sustainability a plus.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional setting with data management as part of the role is required. Preferred backgrounds include consulting, public sector, utility, energy, and/or real estate.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint or similar software suite required
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel or related data management software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Certified energy management (CEM) certification a plus
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve. Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Please visit our website for more information: https://lmdevpartners.com
To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this position at any time with or without notice.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.