LMFM – Multi-Family Asset Manager
Since 2010, L+M Fund Management (LMFM) has been committed to investing in, acquiring, and preserving workforce, affordable, and mixed-income multi-family housing in high-growth metro areas across the U.S. L+M Fund Management invests in and operates workforce and affordable assets on behalf of institutional investors and, to date, has acquired nearly 20,000 units and $4.1 billion in transactions. LMFM utilizes institutional third-party equity and to date has raised more than $1 billion of total equity across multiple investment vehicles. LMFM is an affiliate of L+M Development Partners Inc. (“L+M” or the “Company”).
For more information, please visit: http://lmfm.com
Location: Austin, Texas or Dallas, Texas (Remote)
- Oversee rapidly growing portfolio of mixed-income multifamily assets in Sun Belt markets, including Austin, Dallas, and Atlanta.
- Monitor and evaluate financial operating results to enhance cash flow and profitability by completing monthly financial reviews and reviewing weekly property data.
- Evaluate overall performance to assist in strategic business planning. Assist VP in establishing and enforcing benchmarks, guidelines, and policies.
- Work collaboratively with property management to identify challenges and execute timely and effective solutions. This would include management of budgets, staffing, capex, and other property programs.
- Oversee renovation execution, including initial planning, working with general contractor on delivery timelines, and monitoring impact on leasing, rental rates, etc.
- Conduct regular site visits as needed to include but not limited to review of: curb appeal, status of capex projects, common area and vacant unit inspections, and personnel issues.
- Assist in annual budget preparation and approval process for assigned portfolio.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from executive management, other company departments, and other stakeholders involved in the property / portfolio.
- Provide support for transactions when needed.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all regulatory programs associated with individual properties within assigned portfolio.
- Identify areas in need of performance improvement.
- Monitor and analyze specified market conditions, using the area’s internal and external financial and economic data.
- Monitor and analyze property operating financial metrics to help guide underwriting assumptions for existing portfolio and future transactions.
- Assist in monitoring property valuations and identifying opportune moments to sell / refinance current property.
Experience, Education & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of multifamily asset management experience
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of working effectively and independently
- Real estate private equity or fund background preferred
- Experience with affordable housing programs preferred but not required
- Strong financial modeling skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Travel required
At L+M Fund Management, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.