LMFM – Workforce Housing Fund Analyst
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our “double bottom line” philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs, and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Since 2010, L+M Fund Management (“LMFM”) has been committed to investing in, acquiring, and preserving workforce, affordable, and mixed-income multi-family housing in high-growth metro areas across the U.S. L+M Fund Management invests in and operates workforce and affordable assets on behalf of institutional investors and, to date, has acquired nearly 20,000 units and $4.1 billion in transactions. LMFM utilizes institutional third-party equity and to date has raised more than $1 billion of total equity across multiple investment vehicles. LMFM is an affiliate of L+M Development Partners (“L+M” or the “Company”).
LMFM has an excellent opportunity for an Acquisitions Analyst or Associate to join the growing Fund Management team at L+M. This position provides support to source, evaluate, execute, and asset manage multifamily acquisitions in the New York Metro area as well as nationally. For more information, please visit: http://lmfm.com
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Perform financial modeling and analysis to evaluate and structure transactions for the Company’s real estate fund management business; target investment focus is on properties that provide affordable and workforce housing to low- and moderate-income families
- Prepare investment analyses/memos and recommend acquisitions; report to investors
- Responsible for market research and property-level due diligence
- Support transaction closings and ongoing asset management of portfolio investments
- Prepare investment and fund level reporting for investors
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of getting things done effectively and independently
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong financial modeling skills (Excel)
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Word skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business or urban planning preferred but not required
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 1-4 years of real estate investing experience, specifically with the underwriting and acquisition of multifamily properties in the New York metro area preferred as well as nationally
- Real estate private equity or fund background preferred
- Experience with affordable housing programs preferred but not required
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.