Master Plan Infrastructure Developer
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market-rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for approximately $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by positive impacts. L+M takes pride in its long-standing partnership with the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, workforce development programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits. L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M is seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage a development project from inception through completion and stabilization, including coordination of both internal and external parties, with guidance. The Senior Project Manager will report to the Senior Director who oversees the project with an estimated 8-10-year timeline.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Represent the owner through the design process, budgeting, approvals, bidding, and construction oversight of a nature preserve, public and private streets, parks and other site infrastructure
- Responsible for procuring and coordinating fill for the site
- Direct design and construction decisions in close coordination with third-party consultants
- Independently mark up and negotiate legal documentation in coordination with Legal
- Drive analytical approach to scenario planning / cost-benefit analysis of different policies and programs
- Take responsibility of project underwriting from project inception to financing, completion, and stabilization
- Involvement in the entitlements, due diligence, and financing of the overall project
- Set and track project strategy, schedule, metrics
- Set strategy with other departments at L+M on projects
- Identify and resolve deal point issues
- Select and negotiate consultant agreements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and/or have ability to navigate NYC,DEP, NYC Parks, FDNY and other related agency regulations
- Familiarity with National Grid, PSE&G and Con Edison standards would be beneficial
- Estimating knowledge, engineering degree and experience with government agencies are a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and a quantitative orientation
- Demonstrated leadership (e.g. independently managing several complex projects and/or a project team)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Command respect of peers and others in the field
- Graduate degree in a related field
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 5-10 years of experience working in the infrastructure construction industry with an interest in the development and financing of large mixed-use projects. Experience working for a civil construction manager or general contractor preferred.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.