MEP Project Manager
L+M Builders Group
L+M Builders Group, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for an MEP Project Manager who will have the overall responsibility of organizing and directing all project activities related to the Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection (MEP) disciplines including creation of subcontractor scopes of work, MEP Coordination, Project Engineer and all onsite activities during MEP installation.
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Direct the MEP Coordination Process with MEP subcontractors, consultants and outside vendors resulting in approved coordination drawings adhering the project design intent.
- Assist the Project Manager with administering the project cost and schedule for all MEP relate items estimate changes,
- Supervise the control of MEP documents and shop drawings and ensure the efficient flow of information between the design team and MEP subcontractors including tracking of long lead time items.
- Facilitate review of the MEP submittals by 3rd party Commissioning Agents
- Lead the development of the Commissioning Plan and obtain buy-in from the MEP Subcontractors
- Chair Commissioning Meetings during Commissioning Plan development to obtain buy-in from all stakeholders on all prefunctional checklists and functional test procedures prior to finalization of the plan.
- Monitor RFI tracking and coordinate responses to appropriate parties.
- Track MEP document updates
- Manage all MEP related activities onsite and administers contractual activities of subcontractors and vendors.
- Coordinates work of MEP contractors as well as non-MEP contractors as it relates to, and interfaces with the overall MEP installation work.
- Confirm MEP installed work matches signed off coordination drawings and track changes.
- Track and inspect all MEP related installation activities to ensure conformance with the project schedule, compliance with the contract documents, approved coordination drawings and associated costs.
- Coordinates with all parties involved. Schedules startup process of equipment with subcontractors.
- Coordinates with all parties and ensures proper training of systems and equipment is performed.
- Chair commissioning meetings during the on-site commissioning to ensure commissioning activities are coordinated with the subcontractor and commissioning agent. Oversee the creation of the non-conformance logs and ensure all items are addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates commissioning process with lead consultants to ensure the commission agent has the required subcontractor resources to execute all function tests so that the proper credits are achieved, where applicable.
- Coordinate all MEP DOB approved drawings in preparation for TCO inspections.
- Coordinates with manufacturers and subcontractors to obtain O+M manuals, as-builts, and warrantees.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, as required, and keeps supervisors informed on progress of assigned activities.
- Implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to applicable quality standards.
- Must communicate effectively to all project participants including strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Understanding of all phases of construction operations including engineering disciplines, means and methods, and field management.
- Analyze and develop details per the contract documents and where required, produce new methods to implement the work such as work performed out of sequence and/or simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of safety compliance including federal, state, and local safety codes.
- Ensures safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to and that tools and equipment are in safe condition and operated safely.
- Recognizes when problems exist and evaluates the facts in order to resolve issues efficiently. Seeks assistance from supervisor when necessary.
- Maintain positive attitude towards field work and demonstrates sound judgment in making field decisions.
- Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
- Ability to work independently.
- Develops and trains subordinates.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- MS Word and Excel are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended.
- Revit / Navisworks is recommended.
- Bachelor degree preferred in engineering, architecture, or construction management; or equivalent work experience with high school or vocational degree.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 5+ years with focus on MEP Systems.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market-rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for over $9 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved nearly 30,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by positive impacts. L+M takes pride in its long-standing partnership with the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, workforce development programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits. L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this position at any time with or without notice.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.