Office Manager/Facilities Coordinator
The Office Manager/Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day office functions, coordinating activities with multiple variables and managing timelines. S/he will perform some Finance, Human Resource and Information Systems administrative tasks and will coordinate and assist with buildings & grounds maintenance management. The Office Manager works with other staff to provide services in support of L+M’s projects and programs. Make decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently.
- Front desk- act as the face of L+M Development Partners, interacting with staff, members, visitors, donors, service providers etc.; answer phones and mailroom operations (pick-up, delivery & distribution)
- Purchasing- office supplies, lease and maintenance of office equipment, negotiate with vendors
- Meetings- coordinate meeting space usage and logistics, including scheduling, room set-up/take-down, and set-up/trouble-shooting technological needs (presentations, audio-visual, etc.)
- Finance administrative tasks- Manage expense reporting for assigned leadership team
- Human Resource administrative tasks- Schedule candidate interviews, assist with management of summer internship program
- Systems Manager act as the office “Key User” to perform software, hardware and network trouble-shooting and will be competent in the use of electronic office/communication tools and technology
- Buildings & Grounds maintenance/management responsibilities- monitor, schedule, coordinate and contract all necessary buildings and grounds maintenance and repairs and process all related paperwork. Ensure common areas will be monitored and kept tidy, clean, and orderly. Stock and restock all conference rooms & kitchen with necessary supplies, snacks etc.
- Support corporate philanthropy efforts
- Provide event planning assistance and support for meetings, galas and events.
- Provide administrative assistance to program teams
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Perform duties under general supervision and established guidelines
- Make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently
- Work as part of a team to identify solutions and solve problems to ensure a smoothly functioning office
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Financial responsibility may include purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors
- Serve as a team member for assigned projects
- Work environment may involve minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination
- Experience using MS Office programs and Windows operating environment
- Experience using Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines
- Experience performing a variety of administrative processes
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people
- Strong time management, organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail
- Familiar with buildings and grounds maintenance practices
- Excellent customer service skills and focus
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and common-sense approach