Project Accountant (Larchmont, NY)
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Project Accountant. Candidate must have the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income, and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction, and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction, and investment, and has created or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast, and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials, and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Contracts: Acquire and review all development contracts and construction subcontracts, including all supporting information.
- Contracts: Enter and / or review contract detail in Sage 300 / Timberline and / or Procore.
- Contracts: Monitor commitments and review with Project Managers.
- Billing: Interact with Project Managers to acquire information to generate all monthly construction billings to developers.
- Billing: Enter data, print, and review monthly AIA billings.
- A/P: Data entry, review, and payment of subcontractor requisitions and other construction and development invoices using Timberscan and Sage 300 /
- Timberline for major ground-up construction and preservation projects.
- A/P: Code invoices for vendor ID, job number, commitment, et. al. and match invoices to each contract or subcontract and attach related supporting documentation.
- A/P: Review insurance certificates to ensure contract compliance.
- Bank loan draws: Prepare monthly loan draw packages for bank.
- Accounting: Reconcile vendor records with ours, including loan balances
- Accounting: Post entries as well as perform various ad hoc projects.
- Interact with construction and development Project Managers, in-house insurance group, and vendors to answer questions and resolve any discrepancies and / or issues.
- Timberscan and Sage 300/Timberline experience preferred.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving / judgment skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs including Excel
- Construction experience preferred.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Accounting preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years related experience.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.