L+M Builders Group
L+M Builders Group, an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Project Administrator to assist provide general support on multiple projects for the development, preconstruction, and construction teams. Primary areas of focus are commitments and payments.
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Works under general supervision.
- Prepare and process commitments related to the soft cost and hard cost budgets including contracts, agreements, purchase orders, and change orders – coordinating with project staff, insurance, legal, and accounting. Process and track contract, purchase orders, and change orders until they are fully executed and entered by accounting as commitments in the system.
- Process lien waivers and releases, and issue payments to contractors and vendors.
- Performs general administrative duties such as preparing letters, making copies, answering the phone, scheduling meetings, maintain contact lists, and preparing packages for mailing.
- Utilize Procore to perform various tasks, including but not limited to editing directories; creating bid packages, meeting minutes, and agendas; uploading project schedules, job photos, drawings, and specifications; downloading drawing and submittal logs; creating checklists (inspection tool); and creating subcontractor commitments.
- Provides additional support as requested in areas relating to contractors and vendors such as safety, purchasing, compliance, etc.
- Performs general administrative duties such as covering the front desk, organizing the supply closet, ordering furniture for the site offices, making copies, scheduling meetings, and preparing packages for mailing.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and via written communications.
- Proactively manages workload and escalates issues for resolution of issues to supervisors as appropriate.
- Effectively engage with staff in-house as well as third parties to resolve issue (e.g. commitments and payments).
- Task oriented position, requiring ability to proactively plan workload across projects to meet deadlines and manage the needs of multiple project needs simultaneously.
- Detail oriented.
- Prior experience working for a construction company and familiarity with construction terminology is useful.
- Demonstrates willingness to help resolve general issues as appropriate.
- High school degree is required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is recommended.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 1+ years
- MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Procore; Timberline; Timberscan; Lienwaivers,IO; and DocuSign are required.
- Adobe Writer and BlueBeam are recommended.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market-rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for approximately $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by positive impacts. L+M takes pride in its long-standing partnership with the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, workforce development programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits. L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.