L+M Development Partners, an established residential developer/builder, has an exceptional opportunity for a Project Associate in our Manhattan office to support all analytical and operational aspects of development for residential/mixed use properties with a focus on affordable housing projects.
Must be able to work well on a team and independently.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
Areas of Responsibility and Job Requirements:
- Analyze potential investment/acquisition opportunities from a quantitative and qualitative standpoint (including proformas, budgets, sources and uses, etc.)
- Travel to properties in the NY metro area to perform site inspections and collect data
- Maintain complete and accurate files and records
- Manage components of design and construction process
- Attend meetings with business partners, government agencies, and community stakeholders
- Perform market studies and maintain ongoing market reconnaissance for potential projects
- Assist with closings including due diligence and organize working group calls
- Monitor lease-up, sales, and other ongoing processes
- Demonstrated underwriting and financial analysis experience
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of New York City real estate development
- Able to work independently as well as in a group environment
- Master’s Degree in Real Estate, Urban Planning, Finance or other relevant field required.
- Will consider Bachelor’s degree with experience.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 1 to 3 years in a relevant field
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.