L+M Development Partners an established real estate development company with a focus in affordable housing has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to plan, underwrite, and execute complex residential/mixed-use development projects amid an informal yet intense entrepreneurial environment.
Since 1984, L+M has been a leader and innovator in multifamily and mixed-use development, having built or preserved over 35,000 units of high-quality affordable and market rate housing in the New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Today, L+M is an integrated organization with affiliated companies in development, construction, and management. This breadth of in-house expertise provides us with an exceptional degree of control – translating to unsurpassed quality and efficiency in every new venture.
From affordable housing to luxury condominiums, we bring the same level of commitment, creativity and integrity to everything we do. We are seeking strong project manager candidates to join the L+M team as we grow and expand our business in the years ahead.
L+M is seeking a Project Manager to join the team.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Self-starter with proven ability to prioritize/execute in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple active projects and workstreams with simultaneous deadlines.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills (modeling, project level returns, optimal structures, etc.).
- Ability to independently manage a real estate development project from inception through completion including coordination of consultants and financial closings.
- Attend construction meetings and travel to property sites for inspections and tenant meetings.
- Ability to independently negotiate bank term sheets and documents.
- Ability to identify and resolve deal point issues.
- Selects and negotiates consultant agreements.
- Support design and construction decisions in close coordination with third-party consultants (i.e., Architects, Engineers, etc.); and participate in construction administration.
- Ability to manage staff.
- Possess specific market sector expertise (affordable, preservation, new construction, etc.)
- Able to command respect of members in the neighborhoods within which we work, peers and others in the field.
- Demonstrated leadership (e.g. managing a project team).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Strong skills in Excel.
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business or Urban Planning.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 4-6 of relevant work experience, including previous experience managing new construction and preservation projects, with preference given to tenant-in-place rehabilitation experience.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.