Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners Inc. has been an innovator in developing and preserving quality affordable, mixed-income and market-rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works. A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved nearly 35,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, Washington, D.C., the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investors turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by positive impacts. L+M takes pride in its long-standing partnership with the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, workforce development programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits. L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit: http://lmdevpartners.com.
L+M is seeking a Project Manager to join the team.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Self-starter with proven ability to prioritize/execute in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple active projects and workstreams with simultaneous deadlines.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills (modeling, project level returns, optimal structures, etc.).
- Ability to independently manage a real estate development project from inception through completion including coordination of consultants and financial closings.
- Attend construction meetings and travel to property sites for inspections and tenant meetings.
- Ability to independently negotiate bank term sheets and documents.
- Ability to identify and resolve deal point issues.
- Selects and negotiates consultant agreements.
- Support design and construction decisions in close coordination with third-party consultants (i.e., Architects, Engineers, etc.); and participate in construction administration.
- Ability to manage staff.
- Possess specific market sector expertise (affordable, preservation, new construction, etc.)
- Able to command respect of members in the neighborhoods within which we work, peers and others in the field.
- Demonstrated leadership (e.g. managing a project team).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Strong skills in Excel.
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business or Urban Planning.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 4-6 of relevant work experience, including previous experience managing new construction and preservation projects, with preference given to tenant-in-place rehabilitation experience.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits, and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.