Project Manager of Design
L+M Builders Group
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager of Design to join our L+M Builders Group. This role will lead design activities including layout, coordination, estimating, budgeting, and staging.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in developing designs for assigned projects including, but not limited to the following scope: residential units including FF+E, indoor and outdoor amenity spaces including FF+E, lobby and public corridors including FF+E and interior and exterior signage.
- Attend project meetings as required.
- Provide in house design services in situations where the design consultants vary from L&M preferences.
- Support design team and marketing for Market rate buildings to review options related to renderings, logos, sales office design etc.
- Confirm budget of interior finishes, and value engineering when needed – always toward reducing costs while maintaining building integrity
- Perform constructability reviews of architectural drawing sets from schematic design to 100% construction documents, as requested by the Precon team, as it relates to: ADA and fair housing compliance, layouts and RCP, millwork, hardware, kitchen and bathrooms, finishes and fixtures and L&M standards compliance
- Review and update all L+M finishes and fixtures standards.
- Assist with vendor management relating to interior finishes and related products including but not limited to plumbing fixtures, bathtubs, bathroom sinks, bathroom cabinets, tiles, stone products, kitchen cabinetry, specific woodwork, flooring, and lighting-including: research and meet with prospective vendors and solicit vendor proposals including pricing, product quality, and schedule/lead time.
- Support PMs in answering RFIs or reviewing submittals when a change may impact aesthetics.
- Attend meetings in the field to review interior finish and FF&E punch lists related to interior design scope as required.
- For market rate buildings, assist with providing support to the development team by coordinating with the design team as it relates to building interiors.
- For market rate buildings, assist with providing support to the development team through coordinating with the marketing/leasing consultant to ensure conformance to L+M standards relating to interior design scope such as renderings, building logos/branding, sales office design, etc.
- Assist with providing support to the Asset Management, Retail and Property Management teams with regards to the portfolio of existing buildings as it relates to interior design and FF+E.
- Manage Samples Library in office.
- Ensure that project finish schedule binders are maintained through completion of required work.
- Perform the following scope regarding model units, sales offices and amenity spaces after the design is approved: Purchase and coordinate deliveries, monitor shipments and manage returns, staging all L&M model units, sales offices, lobbies and amenity spaces, handle post installation follow-up activities, track FF+E project expenditures by project and process all invoices and submit to development and accounting for approval.
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested.
- Provide design, clerical and administrative support.
- Position can be physically demanding, and many site visits require a lot of walking.
- Access to a car is preferred.
- Necessary to be flexible with work schedule.
- Strong knowledge of construction details and drawings.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated team player with an excellent attitude.
- Internet savvy.
- Must be an excellent communicator and be proactive.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Degree in interior design, architecture, engineering, or construction management is preferred.
- Licensed architect is recommended.
Years of Industry Experience Required
- 7+ years
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has created or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s tristate area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this position at any time with or without notice.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people. For more information, please visit http://lmdevpartners.com