Project Manager, Owner’s Representative Services
L+M Development Partners Inc., an established residential developer/builder, has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager who will have the overall responsibility of administering projects from beginning to end including preconstruction (budget, schedule, and constructability review), procurement of subcontractors, and construction as well as the financial and safety aspects on a project.
Areas of Responsibilities & Job Requirements:
- Responsible for managing a third party general contractor / construction manager and ensuring project completion within budget, schedule, established safety standards, and conformance with design documents.
- Liaise with internal Development, Pre-development / Preconstruction, Construction, and Property Management groups.
- Develops the bidding strategy with the third party general contractor / construction manager and oversees the scoping, leveling, negotiating, and awarding each trade as required.
- Liaise as appropriate with internal departments such as accounting, human resources, legal / risk management, insurance, and other support services as required to be performed for the project to achieve an integrated project team approach to the work.
- Initiates and directs the planning and development of the project scope, procedure, budget and overall project schedule.
- Reviews and evaluates all general contracts, purchase orders, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Oversees the development and execution of the GMP with the General Contractor / Construction Manager.
- Reviews and approves all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports and reconciles all commitments that exceed assigned budgets.
- Conducts meetings with development and pre-construction, to review development goals and requirements, project progress, proposed design and construction changes, and resolve problems of coordination, schedule, and priority.
- Support Development regarding due diligence and feasibility studies for new potential construction projects.
- Overall financial responsibility for the project construction budget.
- Understanding of scopes of work, construction, engineering, procurement, safety, risk management, industry standards and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of New York City building codes as well as ADA standards and guidelines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize by critical deadlines, take corrective action, monitor work, manage conflict, and coordinate the activities of others.
- Effective team builder and leader, fostering the development of a high performance team and understanding staff strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops and trains subordinates, working with each subordinate to identify a career path and career goals.
- Supervise project manager with respect to employee relations related to project staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills to gain a successful outcome in sometimes complex situations.
- Analytical focus employing flexibility where required.
- Well versed in contractual terms and industry trends.
- Conducts business with a high level of integrity.
- Proven leadership and accountability. Ability to manage through a “crisis”.
- Responsible for duties beyond project specific activities, including company initiatives.
- Familiarity with union and open shop subcontractors as well as design consultants in the New York City construction market.
- Familiarity with residential construction, from low to high rise construction.
- Knowledge of various contracting and delivery methods including but not limited to Cost Plus, CM-GMP, and Lump Sum General Contract.
Preferred Background and Skills:
- MS Word, Excel and Project are required.
- AutoCAD is recommended
- Bachelor degree is required. Degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management is preferred.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 10+ years
- Experience as an Owner’s Representative is preferred.
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
L+M brings a superior level of commitment to its investments in developments, and equally important, to its investment in people.